TETLOW ELECTIC KILN
interior space 400 x 400 x 400mm
Bisque Firing 1000°C – $50
Earthenware Glaze Firing 1080°C – $50
Stoneware Glaze Firing 1280°C – $60
Alternative temperatures (below 1300°C) available on request – $60
- Our kiln hire is available for FoRAC / RCS members
- Our firing options are for clay / ceramics items only
- Please allow at least 2 weeks in advance – subject to availability – when requesting a booking.
- Please make sure you are available to assist in loading and unloading the kiln when confirming your booking times.
- Your work cannot be stored in the studio either prior to or after your scheduled firing.
- You will not at any time be required or able to operate, load or unload the kiln without a committee member present.
- Failure to collect your work at the designated time may incur an additional fee of $15 per day.
- If your work does not fill the kiln – no refund or discount will be offered.
- If your work exceeds the kiln space – our firing officer can recommend the best use of the space – but it will ultimately be your choice which items get fired
- When preparing for a glaze firing – it is your responsibility to ensure the following
- all your work is made from the correct clay and glaze for your firing choice
- all your work has at least 3mm space between the glaze and the base of the piece, or is sitting on stilts, or is sitting on a tile at least 10mm wider than the base of the piece.
- any work made from clay containing grit is sitting on a smooth tile
- You will be responsible for the cost of any damage to the kiln or kiln furniture as a result of your work.
- Payment details will be provided when a firing time has been agreed on.
- Full payment must be made at least 1 week before your scheduled firing date to confirm your booking.
If you have any further queries please contact us at email@example.com
To become a ROCKINGHAM CERAMICS STUDIO MEMBER please click on the NEW MEMBERSHIP link on the menu bar above.
You can then follow the MEMBERS PARTICIPATION OPTIONS link to return to this page.